There are many instances where employees have lost EPFO UAN number. And, did you know that there are several ways in which you can recover the lost EPFO UAN number. UAN stands for Unique Identification Number. This is the 12 digit number related to the EPF account. The full form of EPF is Employer Provident Fund. A person who is working in an organization has included in EPF. A certain amount is deducted from the salary and deposited in this PF account. On the other hand, a fixed amount is allocated by the government. After the end of the job, the person gets a good amount of money. A 12 digit UAN number is required to deposit the amount.
How to recover lost EPFO UAN?
This article is about how to recover lost EPFO UAN, key features of EPFO UAN, alternative ways to get lost UAN number, step by step guide to find UAN number online on official portal of EPF India Gives complete details.
Salient Features of EPFO UAN
Let us look at the salient features of EPFO UAN as shown below.
- Universal Account Number or UAN enables unification of employee data in the country.
- The biggest use of this unique number is that it reduces the hurdle of employee confirmation from corporations and employers by the EPF alliance.
- This account made it appropriate for the EPFO to pull up bank account details and member’s KYC and KYC without the help of employers.
- It is important for EPFO to track the number of job shifts of the employee.
- Premature and early EPF withdrawal can be drastically reduced with UAN.
please visit our articles
epfo whatsapp helpline number
ESIC TRRN Status
e shram card apply online
error during aadhar authentication problem
Shram Suvidha Portal
How to recover forgotten or lost EPFO UAN online
There are some essential steps to recover lost EPFO UAN number online.
- A home page will appear in front of you in the portal.
- Enter the registered mobile number on this home page or you can also enter the mobile number which is not registered.
- Now you have to solve the Captcha. You will be sent an OTP number on your mobile number.
- Enter the OTP on the portal. A new page will open.
- On this page you have to write your name, date of birth, Aadhar card or PF number or PAN card number.
- If your pf account is still not registered with aadhar and pan card. After that enter the member ID.
- Now by submitting Aadhar or PAN number and PF member ID number you can go to ‘Show my UAN’ option.
- Your UAN number will appear on the screen.
Alternative way to find lost UAN number
- First of all give a miss on 01122901406 from the mobile number registered with your PF account.
- Within 2 minutes you will receive a text message from PF with every detail.
- You can also talk to your head of department or HR who has entered the details of an employee. From there you can collect the UAN number.
- You can check your payslip. Some companies mention the UAN number on their payslips.
- You can even search your inbox. Some old messages may come from EPFO. From there you can get your UAN number.
Steps to find lost UAN number and mobile number
- There is no need to search your registered mobile number in urgency.
- If you have already registered your Aadhar card or bank in PF account. You can get the UAN number again by filling your KYC.
Steps to Generate UAN After Forgetting Password
- First, go to official portal Then.
- The home page will appear on the screen.
- There you can see ‘Forget Password’. Tap on Options.
- A box will appear where you have to enter your UAN number and solve the captcha.
- An OTP will be sent and you will be asked to generate your new password.
- After confirming the password you will get a new password.
All Interested Applicants Can Visit Here official portal And Retrieve EPFO UAN Number Online.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Recover EPFO UAN
How can I get the old UAN number of my previous company’s PF account as I have two UAN numbers?
You can know the PF account number of the old company, or by any means find the PF account number of the old company. Through this PF account number, you can get the old UAN number by following the steps mentioned above. If still it is not possible then contact HR or head of your previous company soon. He certainly holds the record.
How do I get UAN number if I have not completed KYC?
If your KYC is incomplete, it is quite impossible to follow these steps. For this you have to contact your office or head of office. They usually keep a record of everything. They will help you.
Is it possible to get PF amount without UAN number?
No, it is not possible to get your PF account amount from UAN number. For any further help regarding the UAN number of your EPF account, you can read this article. It will help you to retrieve your lost UAN number so easily.
Is there any alternative way to get back the lost UAN number?
Yes, online users can recover lost UAN number online using alternative methods.