HRTC Means Himachal Road Transport. It is owned by Road Transport of the State Government of Himachal Pradesh in India. HRTC can provide bus services within the cities of Himachal Pradesh and adjoining Himachal Pradesh such as Uttarakhand, Jammu, Kashmir, Delhi, Haryana, etc. HRTC is the first to launch online ticket booking services across India.
hrtc online booking
This article explains the complete details about HRTC online booking, features of HRTC, step by step guide to book Himachal Roadways AC/General Bus Tickets online at HRTC official portal.
Features of Himachal Pradesh Road Transport Corporation
Let’s look at the features of HP RTC as shown below.
- In 1958, the association was established as Mandi-Kullu Road Transport Corporation by the Government of Punjab, Government of Himachal Pradesh and Railways to regulate in Punjab and Himachal Pradesh.
- The association was assembled with the Himachal government. Transferred on 2 October 1974 and referred to as Himachal Road Transport Corporation.
- The Corporate Bureau of HRTC is at Shimla. It has four divisional divisions at Mandi, Shimla, Dharamshala, Hamirpur and each includes workshop. It consists of about 29 depots each with a provincial workshop.
- HRTC has also taken possession of 3 Bus Units along with 3 Tire Pre-Cure Re-Trading Factories at Mandi, Parwanoo and Jasur.
- At its Driver Training Institutes located at Mandi, Jasur, Hamirpur, Taradevi, Chamba, Kullu and Sarkaghat, HRTC regularly enhances the driving abilities of its teachers, crew members and trains new motorists.
please visit our articles
tata punch booking online
Durga Puja Permission 2021
Shri Sai Shirdi Darshan Ticket Booking
rsrtc bus booking
How to recover lost EPFO UAN?
HRTC Online Ticket Booking Terms and Conditions
- First of all, you have to register on the official portal of HRTC.
- After registering on the portal, you will accept the username and password.
- Before booking the ticket, first you need to login to the portal with username and password.
- If you are a senior citizen and want to avail the exemption, you will have to book an individual seat.
- There is a chance to book an e-ticket before the bus departs from the specific bus stop.
- Don’t forget to check history after booking e-ticket.
- If you are willing to cancel the ticket, you must cancel the e-ticket within 4 hours of departure.
- Primarily, departure and return partly depend on the weather and road conditions.
- Traveling in the bus without a ticket is not allowed. If you have an e-ticket, please take a print out of the ticket first.
- The passenger has to protect his baggage.
- Passengers may not be allowed to change buses. For any problem with the bus, passengers are allowed to schlep another HRTC bus.
- Passengers have to carry ID proof documents with them.
- No cancellation email id will be sent.
Other terms and conditions of HRTC
- If you cancel the e-ticket within 12 hours, then 10% of the fare will be deducted from the total amount.
- If you cancel the e-ticket within the last 4 hours, the fare will be reduced by 25% from the total amount of fare.
- Passengers who unfortunately fail to catch the bus will not be allowed to refund the bus fare.
How to book Himachal Roadways AC / Normal Bus Online
HRTC has its own portal for online ticket booking.
- A home page will open on the screen. There you should be the place from where you are willing to start your journey. After that you have to select your destination.
- Then you have to select your date of travel and date of return.
- Apart from them, there will be a ‘Search’ option. Tap on it.
- A complete chart of the bus with possible features will be provided. Bus fare will also be displayed on this page.
Here you have to select your type of bus, boarding point and dropping point.
- Here you will be shown the chart of available seats. From this chart, you have to select your preferred seats.
- Apart from the chart, there will be a box where you will have to write your phone number, email id, gender, name, date of birth and age along with seat number.
- Click on the option given below ‘Book Return’.
- For confirmation, an OTP will be sent to your mobile number.
- After submitting the OTP, your booking will be confirmed.
- The digital ticket will be sent to your email address. If you wish to take a print out of it, you can do so.
All Interested Citizens Can Book HRTC Ticket Online official portal of HRTC.
FAQ on HRTC Online Booking
Where can I book HRTC bus e-ticket online?
HRTC has an online portal www.online.hrtchp.com For booking e-tickets on the portal. Here you have to first visit and book your ticket online. You can even visit the nearest ticket centers and cyber cafes to book tickets online.
What is the last time to book e-tickets?
You can book your ticket online before 4 hours before the bus departs from their starting point.
Can the fare be refunded if I can’t catch the bus?
No, the fare is not refundable under any circumstances.
Can I book return ticket online while booking HRTC ticket online?
Yes, citizens can book return tickets online while booking HRTC tickets.